NY Times & USA Today Best-selling author, Carey Corp, wrote her first book, a brilliant retelling of Star Wars, at the prodigious age of seven. Since then, her love affair of reinvention has continued to run amuck. Writing both literary fiction and stories for young adults, she begins each morning consuming copious amounts of coffee while weaving stories that capture her exhaustive imagination. She harbors a voracious passion (in no consistent order) for mohawks, Italy, musical theater, chocolate, and Jane Austen. Her debut novel for teens, The Halo Chronicles: The Guardian, earned her national recognition as 2010 Golden Heart finalist and more recently made the N Times Best-seller list. Coming Sept, 2015: Shades of Doon (book 3 of the 4 book Doon series), a young adult series loosely based on the concept of the musical Brigadoon, used with permission from the Alan Jay Lerner Estate & the Frederick Loewe Foundation, and co-written with Lorie Langdon.
Lorie Langdon is one half of the author team that writes the best-selling DOON series, a YA re-imagining of Brigadoon!, published by Blink/HarperCollins. She has longed to write her own novels since she was a wee girl reading every Judy Blume book she could get her hands on. So a few years ago, she left her thriving corporate career to satisfy the voices in her head. Now as a full-time author and stay-at-home mom, she spends her days tucked into her cozy office, Havanese puppy by her side, working to translate her effusive imagination into the written word.
Lorie’s first solo novel, GILT HOLLOW, a YA romantic thriller, releases September 2016!
Some Random Facts
- Lorie and Vee both likes bad boys.
- Carey and Kenna prefer the boy next door, good guy.
- Lorie is not as angsty as Vee … Carey loves angst.
- Both Carey and Lorie love musicals but Carey is the die-hard, Playbill-obsessed drama geek who lettered in theater.
- Carey and Kenna differ greatly in their favorite Broadway musicals. Carey likes dark, angsty musicals the best while Kenna likes anything with great roles for her. Fortunately, then can agree on the awesomness of Sondheim.
- Lorie has a bit of a fairytale obsession. Carey thinks she would make a great Snow White!
- Like Kenna, Carey does spill things on her boobs. Unlike Kenna, Carey’s hair is brown.
- Lorie saw Brigadoon at the age of 18.
- Carey listens to show tunes A LOT! Her favorite musical is Spring Awakening. Kenna’s is Wicked.
- Unlike Vee, Lorie was never a cheerleader. Like Vee, she was too scared to try out for plays. Now she is very, very brave!
- Carey performed in Into the Woods, Children of Eden, Music Man, Hello Dolly, Once Upon a Mattress and many other musicals despite her inability to sing. She once had a director confiscate her tambourine due to lack of rhythm.
- Carey’s favorite obscure musicals are Was (based on the novel of the same name by Geoff Ryman), Bat Boy: The Musical, and Aces.